This has become a favorite around our house. Again it’s an easy healthy food to grab for a quick breakfast or to put in school lunches.
I found it on paleomg.com, it refrigerates well and stays super moist!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins (i have found that i have to cook these a little longer, up to 30 mins)
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup worth)
- 1 apple (I used gala), shredded (less than ½ cup worth)
- 1 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- So you first need to shred your zucchini. Use the shredding attachment on your food processor or take the long and boring route using a cheese grater. Whichever works.
- Once your zucchini is shredded, you need to remove the excess liquid. What I did was place a couple paper towels down on the counter, throw the zucchini on top, then place another paper towel on top of the zucchini then squeezed. The more you squeeze, the more liquid will come out. Genius.
- Use more paper towels as needed, but be sure to squeeze until the zucchini feels water-less.
- Place zucchini in a bowl.
- Now shred your apple. I left the skin on the apple and zucchini, but you don’t have to if you’re not a fan.
- Toss together your zucchini and apple in your bowl then add the rest of your ingredients and mix well.
- Place muffin mix in a greased muffin tin or with muffin liners or silicone muffin liners like I used!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes of until your toothpick comes out clean after you poke them!
- Top with a bit of coconut butter and you got heaven on your hands.
- Makes 9 muffins